Thursday, October 4, 2007

Visitors

It's so quiet now! I've just had a visit from Nan, Aunty Meredith, Lauren, Gemma and Cam. Ellie had a good sleep in Nan's lap and had her first feed from a bottle and did so well, I was worried she wouldn't take to it but she was great. I had expressed about 120mls and she drank most of it like a little champ.

It was nice to have some visitors, it does get lonely here all day when Ellie's sleeping and it's nice to have someone else take over for a little while. Nan held her and fed her and Aunty Meredith changed her nappy and put her to bed and I got to go out for 5 minutes without a baby for the first time since the day we came home from the hospital. It was only a quick trip out for Aunty Meredith to go to the chemist and for me to get some bread but it was nice.

She put on the charm, too! Giving her great Nan big smiles and even laughing at her!!

For the past few days Ellie's been struggling to stay asleep during the day time and her night sleeps have been barely over two hours at a time, so I am feeling tired. I think she's having a growth spurt, so hopefully she will soon get back into a better routine.

Today she's 6 weeks and 1 day old, I can't believe how fast it's gone!

No comments: