On Wednesday night I took Ellie's nappy off and popped her on the potty, like we do every night before her bath. I told her to do a wee, so she sat there a moment before getting up to put her ducks in her bath. Once I finished running the water I noticed her crouching down, which is what she does, we've known for awhile when she's going but at first she wasn't into sitting on the potty and once she was we were never near the potty when she did it and she was wearing her nappy. I was waiting for an opportunity just like this, to give her something to associate going to the potty with as opposed to sitting there making "Pss" sounds.
She was so very proud of herself.
Since then she has not gone again, she will happily sit there, but we just need to catch her again. Now that she knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say "Do a wee" she might be able to start letting me know that she needs to go potty.
Ellie also said "Mummy" for the first time this week, instead of just calling me mum :)
Kahlei has started making cooing sounds, which is very cute and a nice change to her crying. She really does not like the heat, it makes it very difficult for her to sleep properly, sometimes she will spend all day waking 10 minutes after going to bed. It gets very draining for us all. We've had one of those days today. She is finally sleeping well now, thankfully.
1 comment:
Awww thats sooo cute!
Ellie must be growing up sooooo quickly!
Make time to update... coz I love reading your blog!!
xoxo
Post a Comment