Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: My Mummy

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.

Tuesday's Tribute is a gorgeous idea created by Jay at Halftime Lessons and Deb over at Dirty Socks and Pizza. The basic gist of Tuesday's Tribute is pretty simple; to write a post that spotlights someone else and is NOT about me.

Just recently I have been thinking alot about my mum and missing her heaps, leading me to decide to do my first tribute on her...

Her name is Debra, she is bubbly, happy, confident and sometimes extremely embarrassing. She is an eternal optimist and has love for everyone she meets. She is my mother. For many years now she has been one of my very best friends, when I lived at home we would go out for coffee, go shopping, watch movies, talk and laugh.

I've never met anyone quite like my mum.

There are people in this world who are able to make anyone feel accepted, loved and comfortable. Mum is one of those people. Walking down the street with her is practically a meet & greet as we wander past person after person who say hello and stop for a catch-up. "Who was that?" is my most used sentence when out with her. People just love her and I don't blame them.

One thing I have recently (in the past 18 months) learned about my mum is that she was born to be a grandmother. Spending time with Kahlei and Ellie absolutely makes her glow. She dotes on the girls and I love to see how much love she pours into them. The time they share is so precious, I wish she was closer and could have them more often so they could get to know her as well as possible. Ellie does love her Nanna, she always pretends to be talking to her on the phone, I think she misses being with her. When we're visiting, she and dad will get up with Ellie, whether it be 7am or 5am. If Kahlei is having trouble going to sleep after a feed at 3am mum will get up and put her to sleep for me so I can go back to bed, even Ellie had her up at 5am that morning. She just gives so much.

I appreciate the time we do get to spend together, I just wish it was more frequent.

I love my mum. She rocks.

9 comments:

Jay @ Halftimelessons.com said...

I LOVED this post...I did one obout my own Mum awhile back, and this really hit close to home.

GREAT post, and she sounds like a fantastic woman.

Jay

Sera @ Laughing Through the Chaos said...

Stopping by from Tuesday's Tribute. Your mum sounds incredible! Isn't it just the neatest thing to watch her be a grandma? I love the look in my parents' eyes when they're with my little Kaylee.

Joelle said...

Stopping by from TT. Your mum sounds delightful. Have a great day!

Mumeroo said...

Wow, it is amazing to have something like this written about yourself.

I cried when I read this. It means a lot to have you write this for me. You know you are my best friend too, and I miss you every day. Love you.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mum!

michelle said...

What an awesome tribute!

Summer said...

I loved this! You are really blessed. My mom is not into being a grandma, so it's definitely awesome when you have one that is!

LeAnna said...

What a wonderful post! Your mom really seems like a special lady!

deb @ dirty socks & pizza said...

and how sweet... ms. mumeroo herself made a cameo in the comments section!

you are so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship.

my mom lives far away too.