While we have been unable to post some things have happened in the Hopkins household which I have been desperate to share! If you have been reading regularly you would know that James and I have been looking into a sea change of sorts. At first we thought it was just a dream, then we assumed it was a dream that might come true in many, many years to come. However, it turns out that we are able to realise it so much sooner. At the end of April James will finish up work and then we're off! Where to? We're off to Africa, to Togo precisely. How all this came about is much like how we ended up in Broome for our wedding. We were just talking about possibilities and I mentioned how I have always wanted to go to Africa, James started looking things up and things just gained speed from there. Everything has fallen into place, like our wedding and it all feels right.
The most exciting thing for me is that James seems to be coming around to my life long dream of adopting. Admittedly, he's not sold on the idea as yet but we've been talking about it and checking out websites. I have always wanted to adopt little black babies but James has always been very anti. With us having not fallen pregnant yet I think he's softening a little. We'll go and see the orphanages and I am sure there will be a baby we just can't say no to. Maybe if we adopt I'll end up with the 6 children I used to want. Though, I'm not sure I still want that many!
This is an experience Ellie will gain so much from, as well as James and I!! I will post more details soon, for now I have to get Ellie out of bed. :)

2 comments:
Hey Beck....
Sounds awesome!!! I can not beleive you are going to AFRICA! When, what where?????? For how long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know it all!
Anyways back to work!
Hope all is well :)
Em.
How cool!!! When is this all happening????
Post a Comment