Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick

Since returning from Sydney, Ellie has been under the weather. It wasn't too bad until Friday night when she got really sick, I thought she might even have the chicken pox because she came out in little red spots, which have since disappeared. She has a cough, very congested and is not her normal happy self. On both Friday and Saturday nights she ended up in our bed to sleep but none of us got alot of rest because she was coughing and having trouble breathing, it was horrible.

Yesterday we went to the chemist to get something for her, just to help her sleep. We ended up with Dimetapp, which relieves the congestion and makes her drowsy. She did sleep better last night, though, not much better. She was able to stay in her cot but I was up to her quite frequently.

She's not so great today. She doesn't want to do anything, she doesn't want to be with me but she doesn't want to be away. She doesn't want to sleep even though she is exhausted. Poor thing. This is the sickest she has ever been and it's so horrible to see her so unwell, upset and unlike herself.

To top it off both James and I have got a little of what she has, which is making life miserable all around!

1 comment:

Huxley said...

Hi Becky,
Firstly, sorry for the random post, I couldn't find an email address to contact you on. I came across your blog and noticed that you have a beautiful baby girl and like to blog about your family. I think you might be interested in participating in an Ambassador Program we’re running focused on meal ideas and kids nutrition. If you're interested, visit http://www.vegiepouroverbuzz.com.au/content/default.html?a=167 for more info, and let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you in the program!

Cheers,
Huxley