We all had a nice nap together this morning and Kahlei has slept most of the day, so Ellie and I have just played together. We've chased each other around the coffee table, read books, built a tower, had lots of snuggles and kisses, sang songs and the like. Now, Ellie is lying down on the couch next to me, watching a cartoon - she is very tired, but wouldn't sleep when I tried to put her down for a second nap - I'm not really surprised, it was just wishful thinking that she would sleep again!
The most difficult part about being alone is nappy change time for Ellie. I, obviously, cannot get her up onto the change table so I get her to climb onto the couch (with a cloth nappy on for protection). Unfortunately, she feels quite safe on the lounge which means a whole heap of wriggling and trying to get away on her part and a whole lot of struggling and holding on tight on mine. It makes me quite sore...
Recovery has been harder this time around, I believe, although it is hard to really remember. I am still experiencing pain and having to keep up my panadol to stay on top of it. I feel my worst at night before bed, my incision site gets swollen and aggrivated, especially on the left-hand side.
No comments:
Post a Comment