Friday, December 12, 2008

Update on How We're going

Kahlei is now 1 week, 1 day old and we've been home since Saturday - I will get around to writing an entry about the birth at a later date, I think, for now I will just do a quick update.

She's a good baby, really, although she does have her days and nights mixed up. She sleeps so well during the day but trying to get her settled at night is a pain. I got about 4 and a half hours sleep last night, which I wasn't impressed with! Luckily, Ellie manages to sleep through Kahlei's crying, whinging and carrying on for the most part. So far we have only had Ellie end up in our bed once.

Ellie loves Kahlei and adores giving her kisses, but if Kahlei's crying Ellie will copy her, trying to cry like a baby. She doesn't understand why I can't pick her up which has been really tough on me and her. She has learnt to climb up on the couch to sit with me and to climb into her highchair on it's lowest setting (so, it's practically sitting on the floor). James made her some playdough to keep her occupied for some of the time but I feel bad that I can't get down and play with her like I normally would and to top it off it's been miserable and wet so she can't even run around outside! I think she might be going just a tad stir crazy. Hopefully, it will soon clear up and we'll be able to go out for her to let off some energy!!

James has been working hard, cleaning and taking care of Ellie, he's been so good. I bet he'll almost be glad to be going back to work! I'm certainly NOT looking foward to that :S

No comments: