Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute: A Special Tribute

Since the moment I came across Tuesday's Tribute and decided to participate, I have been planning this post. I don't yet know what I am going to say, but I have always known today would be the day I would tribute this person.

Tomorrow James and I will share our second wedding anniversary. The past two years seem to have flown by, but at the same time it's like we've been married forever (in a good way).

I never would have guessed James and I would marry, not all those years ago when we would talk on msn long into the wee hours of the morning. I liked him, yes, but our relationship was so volatile. We would talk every night for months before some trivial matter caused a blow out and we would not talk for weeks, even months if I was angry enough.

I was young and hurt over past friendships which had gone awry and very reluctant to trust, especially another boy. Somehow, though, James became my confidant. Somehow, he managed to earn my trust without me even noticing and became my best friend.

Over the years he proved time and again that he would do what it took to look out for me, to make me feel safe, cared for and loved. Even before we were 'in love' we loved each other and it was this love that helped me through some of the darkest times of my life.

In the grips of an eating disorder, James showed me I was worth more, that I deserved happiness and that I should expect to be treated well.

Every morning since we've been together I have eaten breakfast, which really is a big deal.

James is funny, loving, caring. He is so smart, so often he has a tidbit to share which enlightens me, opens my mind and makes me realise, again, just how clever the man I married really is.

I love that my husband is also my best friend. There is nothing I wouldn't share with him.

This weekend, especially (even with me already feeling warm and fuzzy about our up coming anniversary), made me appreciate him even more. He's so awesome with my family. Fits in like he's always been one of us even though, in actual fact, his family is practically the complete opposite to mine (you know, quiet and sane...), not to mention full on.

Watching him with my mum and brother, Josh, made me so proud and gooey.

He is a softy at heart, movies, music... they touch him and he isn't afraid to shed a tear. Only recently we watched Curious Case of Benjamin Button and he had tears running down his face. His sensitivity and big heart are so rare, especially the fact that he allows these emotions to show. I really love that about him.

As a Dad, James is so loving and proud of his girls. It's no wonder Ellie and Kahlei are such Daddy's girls. I love to sit back and just watch him with them, knowing how much he loves them is wonderful.

This man that I love makes life an adventure. He really does. I am excited to share the next year...the next 50 years in his arms, sharing this life we have built together. Until him I never thought I would marry or have children. He's the best thing that ever happened to me (along with my girls, now).

I love you, baby. xoxo.


10 comments:

James said...

awww i love you too

Amanda said...

Loved your tribute!! It reminds me of the beginning of my relationship with my current boyfriend :) Glad to see that you've found someone so wonderful!

Beth said...

Very sweet! I love when two people make each other so happy.

Mumeroo said...

What a beautiful tribute. Happy anniversary to you both.

Love you.

Mum.

Aunty Casey said...

ps. you have permission to make me the main character + have me under an alias name.
hahaha

Aunty Casey said...

this is the best.
+ you should write books.
you know you should.
your such a good writer.
+ ones that i can read without getting nightmares :)
write me a good old chick flick. but, in a book :)

Jay @ HalftimeLessons said...

Beautiful Tribute, Becky, and so well written. Congrats to you on what seems a wonderful relationship...neither of you slack off for a second!!

Jay

Alisha said...

What a beautiful tribute! Really, beautiful. I have been with my fiancee for almost 4 years, and I can't wait till we get married and have something like what you have!

georgie said...

What a BEATIFUL Tribute...this was so romantic...Happy early Anniversary!

texasholly @ June Cleaver Nirvana said...

That is super sweet. So glad you guys found each other.