Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back from Christmas #1

The weekend was pretty busy and full-on for Ellie's first big trip and
stay away from home. My parent's house is so much noisier and there is
always something happening, however Ellie coped well. There was always
someone on hand to hold and play with her, which she loved.
Ellie and Great Nan


She met her Great Nan and Grandpa Armstrong and Uncle Joshy for the
very first time and took it all in her stride. She adored Uncle Joshy
from the moment she laid eyes on him, which was so very cute.



Uncle Ethan and Uncie Caleb were very excited to have us come, but
unfortunately showed it by being grumpy and fighting with each other.
Hopefully next time they will be better role models for Ellie and make
our stay nicer.

Nanna and Grandpa had Ellie visit them in their room at night to give
James and I some rest and we tried her on S26 when she woke for a feed
at around 9 -10pm. Once she had that feed and was in the pram in their
room she slept all night!! Amazing!

We had Christmas on Saturday night and we got some lovely presents.
Ellie was into the wrapping paper more than anything, but that's okay I
figure this Christmas is mostly for James and I to enjoy and next year
it will be for Ellie. She was mega cute in her '1st Christmas' singlet
and Santa hat... All my photos from then are in the car, so I will post
them later.

Casey and Cameron came on Sunday - the house was very full, but it was nice.

Thumbnail image for Ellie and Aunty Casey

We had our first big scare with Ellie, taking her to
Emergency because she suddenly had a burnt looking red rash on her
chest (where she's had a rash from dribbling previously), was upset and
just not herself. It was horrible to think something might be wrong, I
was almost in tears as James, Nanna, Casey and I hopped in the car to
take her. The doctor we saw said she was allergic to S26, though he
wasn't at all interested in anything we had to say once we mentioned we
had started giving her formula. While we were there Ellie got
considerably better, as did James, who had been all stuffed up for days
and days. I thought maybe whatever James was allergic to Ellie was too.
At the end the doctor at first said he'd get some medication for the
rash, then in the same sentence decided against it and sent us home -
all while speaking over my crying baby. I can tell you I was not
impressed.

That night James got worse and worse until he had to get up out of bed and sit on the couch. My poor hubby.

Tuesday we took Ellie Nanna's work to show her off, everyone was like
"I've seen all her pictures." Or "Oh, I've seen you on YouTube!" It was
a little surreal! Ellie, as always, was adorable and charmed all who
saw her.

After lunch we packed the car and made our way home, I had to drive
because James was still feeling pretty bad. The trip home wasn't as
smooth as the one we had on the way up. Ellie was more tired and grumpy
and cried more, James was miserable and I was tired. James drove for a
while but in the end I decided to relieve him because he just wasn't
well.

I've spent the rest of the week looking after him. We went to the
doctor on Thursday, he got antibiotics and Ellie got some cream for
eczema.



Thumbnail image for Beautiful Ellie









No comments: