Ellie has been going down to sleep so much easier the past few days (with the exception of the nap she's currently taking). On Monday when I put her down for her late afternoon nap she even put herself to sleep, which impressed me immensely. Unfortunately she is yet to do that again.
I'm thrilled that it has been easier to get her to sleep and that it's in her cot, however, it seems there's been a trade-off. For the past two nights Ellie has barely slept longer than 2 and a half hours in a stretch and when I've finished feeding her she doesn't go straight back to sleep. Which means I'm exhausted. She still only has half hour naps in the day, if that, so it's hard to get a nap myself. By the time I am settled and about to sleep she's waking up. I don't try anymore, instead I do some housework. Today I haven't done a single thing in the house yet, I don't have the energy!
It would be so nice to find a balance in regards to her sleep. I'm still reading my book and hoping I can build a plan from what I'm learning that will actually work. I'm sure we'll work it out, I'm just feeling somewhat impatient at the moment.
There's so much I want to get done, but the motivation simply isn't there as I'm so drained. I keep looking at my Tae Bo, thinking how I'd really like to get it out during Ellie's next nap but it never happens. Then there's the pile of stuff next to the back door that I should go through, everyday I intend to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment