Saturday, August 30, 2008

Getting a little organised...Or trying!!

I am in the middle of starting a meal plan and putting recipes into categories to see how it might work into our lives. I have had some dishes I have wanted to make but I never remember to write down the ingredients that we don't have so I get stuck making the same types of meals over and over.


I also hope that this will mean life will be just a tad easier when Bubby comes along. I am going through a lot of recipes for my slow cooker, which we got as a wedding pressie and have honestly never used. Right now it is sounding like a good option for some days!


I'm also going to start a list of things we need to get for Bubby/Ellie over the next 3 months, I had a comprehensive list for Ellie before she was born but it was saved on the laptop before it decided to have a meltdown so I don't have it anymore. Obviously, there wont be nearly as many things on this new list, but it would have been nice to see what was on the last one and maybe just edit it.


Ellie's First Painting Experience


Ellie and I had a great morning painting with some finger paint I made with water, corn flour and food colouring. It's the kind of paint that is more for squishing over the paper rather than actual painting. She was all for eating the blue paint after I put some gloops on our flattened Huggies box. She was looking MEGA cute wearing a t-shirt Daddy wore while we painted the house to keep her clothes clean with blue paint on her nose. Once she saw me swirling the paint around on the cardboard she got the idea, however! She got into it more than I even imagined she would! She was painting full-bodied! I love watching her explore all these new and exciting messy things! 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

3 comments:

mumeroo said...

What a wondertime Ellie is obviously having.

It's great that you let her do the messy stuff - the fun stuff.

Make sure you keep that painting!!!

Love you.

Mum

Amanda Sibley said...

Slow cookers are just the best!
At Woolies in the meal base aisle, there are special meal bases just for slow cookers, you just add the powder, water, a few vegies and the meat! It is aewsome! I put mine on before I go to work, and come home and its excellent!
It would be a great help when bubby 2 comes along!
Hope all is well down your way.
xoxo

Casey said...

ahhh.
shes so precious.
i want to finger paint with her.
haha.. i love the photos.
love you x x