Towards the end of October, I swallowed my pride and asked for Mummy Blogger help while I was in hospital having our Little Man.
So, starting from the 10th of November I had wonderful Guest Posts from wonderful Guest Posters, if you missed any I strongly suggest you follow the links below and have a read;
The Story of Becky
What's Your Advice?
My first Birth Story!
Newborn Tips
I so appreciate the time each of these lovely women took to write a post to share here to help me out and I loved reading each one, along with the comments they brought in. With one exception.
I was particularly excited about sharing the first post, written by my Mum about my birth. As I mentioned at the beginning of that particular post, it was written exactly as I had heard the story my whole life. Every birthday I can hear "30.Long.Hours" well before I am actually, literally hearing it.
I may be a little bias, but I found the post touching and well written. A perfect snapshot. So, imagine my surprise to have James show me a not-so-pleasant anonymous comment on the story of my birth demanding the f*ing post be deleted. Not a word of reason, nor a word of explanation. Just some random person yelling for the removal of a post which, seriously, is not offensive in the least.
Had the comment been made the day the post went live then I would have assumed it was a troll or some such, but as it was made days later I have to assume otherwise and I am deeply saddened.
The only reason we can even imagine someone would have a problem is the mention of my father in the post. Put simply, someone has taken offense to my mother writing about my father due to their recent separation, which I have not touched on here.
This is our conclusion and to the Anonymous commenter I want to say: Man up! If you want to complain, if you have something to say - say it and put your name to it. We have allowed anonymous comments on this blog because there are family members and friends who have not been able to leave comments in the past. I am not one for censorship, I am all for differing opinions and views, but blatant rudeness without reason is why we moderate and will continue to do so.
And for the record Dad read and loved the post.

4 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging *sigh*
Seems so easy to abuse people while hiding behind a keyboard or say things that you wouldn't say to someone's face.
I have a family member who seems to have made it her mission to bring me and my blog down. Lucky for me, I moderate comments from people who are commenting for the first time so I can catch her comments, no matter which email address she uses.
Sorry, rambling over :)
I agree with Tina.
It's very easy to say things anonymously that you would never dream of saying face-to-face. I try to teach my children and my students that just because you are not there to see the consequences of your nastiness does not mean that there are no consequences. To the person reading the comment, it is just as though you are standing in the room with them yelling it at them.
I understand people using anonymity for privacy reasons, but not as an excuse to be a coward.
Just my 2 cents. xxx
I agree with both Tina and Cate.
Anonymity is a powerful and sometimes dangerous thing...
I read the story of your birth on the day you were in hospital giving birth to Jasper, and I thought it was beautiful and extremely well written. How lucky you are to hear it every year =).
Thank you all for being so nice about my 'guest post'
The thing that Becky hears each year is probably NOT the best part - it's the T H I R T Y L O N G H O U R S !!!!
And I have since realised that my telling her about that actually gave her a massive fear of child birth.
Sorry Becky!!!
Fortunately, Becky is the best mum that I have ever met - so I haven't scarred her too much.
Post a Comment