Wednesday, March 16, 2011

{Stuck} On the Misery-Go-Round


My poor darling Kahlei has come down with whatever it was that had us in the ER with Ellie Belly on Sunday. She has the temperature, shakes and inability to keep her eyes open, however she is much more lucid than Ellie was which is a huge relief for me. The thing that worries me most with her is how her heart beating so hard makes it seem like it's going to burst out of her tiny chest. And I am fixated on her breathing. The last time she was really sick she ended up in hospital

Even know, I feel all choked up just remembering that time and I worry. How I worry that she will take ill again and end up in hospital, on drips and monitors.

We seem to be caught in an endless loop of bugs and illness, which is making it hard to settle in here. James and I are living in a room literally surrounded by boxes and I keep meaning to unpack but then somebody is sick and all my plans go out the window. 

I can't wait for us to jump off this ride and start figuring out how this new life is going to work.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Tat said...

I hope Kahlei gets better soon.

Cate said...

Oh, not again! Time to throw open those windows and getting a new breeze blowing though your house - you poor thing :-)
Forget the boxes...I promise they will wait for when you are ready for them!
get well soon *everybody* at becky's place!!!
xxxCate

Anonymous said...

Oh no Becky - that's so hard! Hope things pick up quickly and she doesn't get a bad does of it. Keep moving forward - those bugs can't stick around forever!!!

Becky said...

Thank you, Tat.
Cate - yes the windows are open, the door, at the moment I am wishing I could just prop opent the roof a little and run a fan to help get these bugs out!
Thanks Caz, I am looking forward to the end of it all!

Unknown said...

Oh you poor love. Moving with sick children. I sure hope Kahlei feels much better soon. (Plus don't be too hard on yourselves if the boxes are around for a while). After all you have a new baby AND two other children. It's hard work moving with kids. Thinking of you. xx

Lori said...

(((HUGS))) I send many prayers your way hon!

Becky said...

Thank you Kymmie and Lori! It's been such a crazy time, I couldn't believe it when it was one thing on top of another.