Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's ALL About Me: More about Me

BeckyandJames
You can find more information about the idea behind this here

In my quest to find time for myself I have found myself at a loss of what exactly to do. Yes, I wrote a post about Making the Time with the very first point being 'make a list' of things you could do, but I think I may have been remiss and skipped an important point in helping the creation of said list. 
I've been a mother for just over three and a half years and it's so easy to forget the things that make you you and the things you love to do, so today I am going to share a list of things about myself; somewhat like what I have started on my About Me page. A brainstorm about myself, if you will. And since you can never have too much information about me, I decided to share this process with you.

Firstly, though, I want to say - I took my time to get dressed this morning. Oh My Gosh. How awesome is it to not be in a rush because there are little people getting into the pantry, fighting or needing a nappy change?? Bliss.

*****
Soo, I wrote the above this morning before Jasper decided he was going to be a grump for the rest of the day. Right now I am sitting here trying to write this list and I realise.... I have NO idea what to write. Which could be the reason I've come to a standstill in terms of doing things I enjoy or love, things that recharge me. 

I am going to leave this as today's post and revisit it soon, with my list. If I can't think of things about me, I will answer the 50 Questions that will free your Mind. That's on my 101 in 1001, anyway.

Until then; is there anything you want to ask about me? If so, shout it out, at least then I'd have something to write.

Want to share a 'brainstorm' about yourself?
---------------------------------------------------
To play along; all you need to do is link up a post focusing on what you've done for YOU over the past week or a photo of something that depicts something for YOU (or what you've tried to do or even why you couldn't get that time) and then visit the other participants to support their efforts.
Feel free to grab a button to add to your posts or side bar.
If you're not a blogger, but want to join in you can link a note, photo etc from another source (like FaceBook)
Be sure to link bask here to my post to get the word out.
At the end of a month, every time you have linked up gets you an extra entry into the giveaway which is focused on YOU. Your happiness. Your time.
** Please note: I have been made aware of some people trying to insert links and it not working. Ultimately, I hope to find another link tool but am finding myself at a dead-end currently. If you want to play along this week, please just put your links in the comments as that saves you time, rather than fiddling with a crappy widget! 
** If you know of a good (free) link tool, please share!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Carly Webber said...

Oh Becky I had this exact thought process not long ago! AND I have to laugh, when asked what I wanted for my birthday all I could come up with was new towels or money toward a Dyson Vac.... OMG...! A vac for heavens sake? I wouldn't even know where to start with 'treating' myself and guilt swoops over me if I spend money on needless things for me. LOL
I certainly want to know lots more about 'Creative Becky' {glad you will inteview on my blog!}, your photos, your scrapbooking, your writing, your kids craft! What sorts of things did you {sorry James} do pre-James?
Interests at school etc? Maybe they will put some fresh spark in an old passion or hobby!
Love your blog Becky, sorry I keep popping in and leaving without saying Hello!
H E L L O !

Cate said...

Well I can add "Becky takes damn good photos" to your list of things about you :-)
xxxCate

Carly Webber said...

I even have a linky!
A combination post - a little about me and a little me time too!
x
http://carlywebber-mylifeincolour.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-guilty-pleasure.html

Unknown said...

I confess, it's hard right after having a baby to fill out that sort of thing. Who are you? But I think you are an awesome mum, wife and a creative. Of course, you can flesh that one RIGHT out. There is no limit to your creativity!

I haven't posted on anything just for me this week, but I did spend an inordinate amount of time having baths last week. And to get ready in peace is just divine!

xx

Unknown said...

Inlinkz is a free linky http://www.inlinkz.com/?refId=5469

My post on Me Time ~ http://www.janedavid99.com/2011/03/me-time-whats-that.html

Becky said...

Oh Carly! I hear you. I hope you didn't (don't?) end up getting towels or money for the Dyson, but I know what you mean. It comes to a point where you're more focused on what is needed than what you want.
Thanks for the ideas, I will answer them in my post when I get to it. I am very excited about being interviewed for your blog.
You're forgiven for not commenting. I am finding I am having just enough time to read a blog but not much else xo And thanks for joining in today!
Cate, you make me blush! Thank you xo
Ahh, baths are so lovely, Kymmie! Especially if they're without kiddos. Thank you for your encouraging words. I just love how positive you always are and how you make me smile.