Welcome to the first new format of It's ALL About Me, it is now a monthly feature here on BeckyandJames.com and I hope that taking the pressure off will lead to this series being the motivational kick start I intended it to be. For me and for you.
As I said in my first post on this; (Me time is) something we really should all do for our mental, emotional, physical and most importantly family health. I need to remember that because when I don't make the effort to refresh myself I really feel it. And so does everyone around me. Like now.
When I decided to reformat these posts I went out and bought myself a cute little spiral notebook to journal, to think, to brainstorm and because I really like cute notebooks. I chose to focus on making a list of ideas of Me Time activities that I would like to do or try and in months to come I hope to work through them. Find the things that I enjoy, the things which refresh and renew me.
There are so many things that I have never done before. Things that are touted as relaxing. Manicures. Pedicures. Massages. I have put in my request (Acrylics) for mother's day or my birthday (a month after mother's day) but so far James seems to be conveniently deaf on the subject.
I hope to take a journey each month, to try new things and discover more about myself, find what recharges my batteries, what leaves me feeling blissed out, what ignites my passion. I want my time to be used wisely and at the end, when life fades back in (think movie scene-esque) I want to be serene, refreshed and ready to go.
What do you do to relax and recharge?
---------------------------------------------------
To play along simply link up a post you've written in the past month that reflects something you've done for yourself.
Feel free to grab a button to add to your posts or side bar.
Come back later today to see what this month's It's ALL About You Giveaway is, if you've linked up you will automatically get an entry!
P.S. Is anyone else having trouble with InLinkz? I can't get it to set up my 'collection'.

7 comments:
Yay Becky, I love cute notebooks too! I'm such a LIST person!
Oh and acrylic nails have been on my to-do list for AGES. I so want them, but I cringe at the need to 'maintain' them... will it ever happen?
When's your birthday?
PS back later with a link!
What a great idea!
I hadn't really thought about the Maintenance part of acrylics... I guess I can try them and if they end up being a pain I won't ever have to do it again and I will KNOW.
My birthday is the 5th of June, not long until I am 28 - eek!
Looking forward to seeing what you link up.
Cool Rider - thanks! Feel free to join in :)
Acrylics aren't to much trouble to maintain, its having to go back every three weeks to have the infills done. (My biggest problem was trying to find a babysitter so i could get them done)
Although they did look so much nicer then my real nails.
I am going to buy myself a notebook too !
I be back to link up when I think of something.
With this wider interpretation of your linky, I think my last post will be on topic. I just couldn't help but link up when I saw what you are giving away!
I love the idea of that journal. But isn't it sad that we have to write down the things we'd like to do for us!! How time changes!
xx
Post a Comment