Thursday, April 14, 2011

Success and Such

Lotsa Labels. If I have to write my name again I may just scream

The photos are printed and mounted, labels have been bought, written on and adhered, entry form filled out and the final product has been delivered to the show office.

I'm nervous. I'm excited. Most of me is happy and enjoying this new challenge, savouring it. However, there's still that pressure. That part of me which desires a card, a ribbon. That part of me that wants to be a success.

It is something that I have been struggling with of late.

I love being a mum. I love staying home with my Munchies and I would not have it any other way. Yet, at the same time I yearn to be something. To do something. And to be good at it. Plus, a little cash in my pocket wouldn't go astray.

In particular I want success in my photography endeavours (obviously) and in the blog world. Until the past six months or so I didn't even know there were awards and acclamations for bloggers. I've never been an awards person. I have never even received a trophy in my life. And suddenly, here I am less than two months off 28 (what? How'd THAT happen?) wanting some kind of acknowledgement, wanting to be better.

The recent Aussie Mummy Bloggers with the X-Factor Awards (congratulations lovely Glowless on your win) opened my eyes to how I have been feeling. I, in no way, put myself in the same category as the amazing bloggers entered in that competition, it just made me realise I want to be more. I want to be nominated for something. I want to be recognised. Which means I need to be worth recognition. I would like to know what it feels like to have Award Fatigue, for a moment - until it got annoying.

Plus, I really want an iPad2.

I am a nominee for the Sydney Writers' Centre Best Australian Blogs for 2011... where I may - or may not - have nominated myself. I honestly don't remember doing it but I am certain I must have before promptly forgetting.


So, now begins the two week wait to see my prints displayed. Successfully.

4 comments:

Mumeroo said...

I've just been and had a look at the award's site on http://www.sydneywriterscentre.com.au/bloggingcomp/index.html .

You're not in the People's Choice section - or I would have voted for you!!!

Good luck Becky, I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Becky said...

Thank you Mummy dearest!
I decided not to go in for the People's Choice. At the time, I am sure I had good reason....

Carly Webber said...

Good luck Becky! How did you get on with the mounting? What photos are you entering.... I'm sure you'll do amazing!

Becky said...

Thank you Carly. I got the prints mounted at the same place I got them printed in the end - I just didn't think I would get it done with the kiddos and all. But, in the end maybe I should have as they did a pretty crap job.
I put in 16(!) photos. I might post them all at one stage. Um, some from my 52 weeks, one I had up on my interview on your blog (the candy hearts) and I can't even remember what else right now!