Anyway, after much grumbling and begging on my part, James and I did attend our Child Birth class. I don't really know if it was worth it. The day was long and the midwife doing it was strange ... I didn't feel like she answered the questions she was going to, she was always going to get back to things and never seemed to. The only new thing I came away knowing was that I do not want an epidural, which is freaking me out because I was so certain I was going to have one! I don't want anything that can prolong labour and I certainly don't want anything that may effect Ellie or mean more intervention was required (ie Forceps), which means both an epidural and pethidine are out, leaving only gas and I doubt that's going to be as helpful as I would like. I'm scared of not having the pain relief I was counting on but I think the well being of my baby is much more important, I can cope with a little more pain knowing that I am protecting her. Plus an epidural sounds nasty!
We met some nice coulples, most were older than us and because it was only one day with little interaction we didn't really get to know anyone.
We were given a book, which I have been reading and have found much more informative than the class was.
After we got lucky and didn't have to watch a birth video, we went to the movies to see Knocked Up and got a little more than I bargained for! I've never seen a birth, so I don't really know just how accurate it was but it still made me queezy!!
So, today I have been indulging my new obsession; Helium. It may be too late for me to be a writer but for now this site is giving me a buzz as I can write and get feedback of sorts.
If you want a look the banner below will take you to my page :)
No comments:
Post a Comment