Friday, July 6, 2007

Carpet Laying day

As I type our carpet is going in ... well, the bits that go in before the carpet anyway. I am so tired. I didn't sleep well last night for many reasons; I couldn't get to sleep at first because of my 'spazzy legs' (restless leg), then I had to pee once my legs had finally settled. Back in bed, warm and comfy ... almost asleep and Ellie starts wriggling and kicking me in the ribs, so I move for her which leaves me uncomfortable! Eventually off to sleep before being woken by a horrible nightmare about Ellie being kidnapped, it was so real and I woke up so upset. After that I tossed and turned, not sleeping well at all. Then, nice and early, the alarm goes off. Argh. I have found that when I don't sleep well and have to get up early I always feel so sick and crap. I have a headache and I feel I may need to run to the bathroom at any moment to vomit (though, I hope I don't get the urge as I can't go on the carpet yet!). As soon as it's all done I am going to hang the sheets and have a nap so I can - hopefully - feel better this arvo. I will be so upset if I don't feel well enough to start doing things in her room after waiting soooo long.
I, of course, need to go to the toilet now that he's in the hallway!!
Our house looks like such a mess. There's a multitude of paint tins at the back door, a change table and pram in the kitchen, a matress in the entrance in front of all of Ellie's furniture. Our bed frame is in front of the TV and the feet and head are next to the couch. I am sitting amongst all our pillows and blankets on the couch. The bench is nice and sparkly, though, that's something! What do people do with their stuff when they get their whole house recarpeted? That would be a nightmare in my opinion.
And I lied!!
There are walls left to paint. Infact, there's a whole room!! Stupid toilet. I was so glad to be done, then James read my entry and was like "What about the toilet." Damn.

I was just going through my emails and one had this written in big letters across the top: Week 35: You have 36 days until Friday, August 10, 2007.

I was thinking in terms of 5 weeks - but, 36 days makes everything seems so much closer! I am beginning to realise we're probably not going to have a weekend just to be. Just for the two of us to relax. Tomorrow is our Birth Class and we'll want to do her nursery. Next weekend we're off to IKEA to get some more furniture as we figure we wont be able to do it once Ellie's here, especially since we always end up filling the boot and backseat of the car when we go. There's still the toilet to paint, as I mentioned and some other bits and pieces like the front door and door frames around the back door. There was something else, too, that I wanted to mention. I'd just like to be able to sit and be together. Maybe go somewhere nice for a walk and some lunch and be a couple without kids for the last time.

I want the carpet to be done now *pouts* I need to go to the toilet and my sheets need hanging and I need a nap!! All this has to happen before my date with Oprah!

No comments: