We had a lovely time in Sydney. Ellie loved it as every morning she and I would go out and walk along Coogee beach before going and sitting on some grass to have lunch and watch the people pass. She was intrigued by the people walking their dogs, the children and especially by those walking past who had accents. Every where we went there were groups of mothers meeting and I would walk along thinking how I would like to move somewhere like that. Somewhere that had a nice walk for Ellie and I to do everyday. Somewhere that I might be able to meet and enjoy the company of other mothers. But, we're not going anywhere for a long time and I'm not going to continue my morning walks because I don't feel comfortable walking in my neighbourhood, I am not sure why, it's just how it is.


This is the first night, Wednesday. Ellie is finally big enough to wear her piglet suit that we've had forever and I think she looks so gorgeous in it. So does James, he told her she had to wear it forever, lol.
She really liked being away, even in the dingy room we got, it was somewhat like a dungeon on the bottom floor with a tiny bathroom and room for a king size bed with a tiny amount of space around it.
Sometimes I find it funny how social Ellie is. She absolutely shines when strangers start telling her she's a
gorgeous girl. I can see her little mind wondering why some people don't react to her (though, there aren't many of them). At these times I wonder if she gets sick of just being with me so much, though if she does, she doesn't show it or maybe that's why she soaks up all the attention of different people; because it's not mum!! I hope she stays like this, able to win over the crowds and function well with people and doesn't become a social retard like her mother :) But, I guess her social development is, in part, up to me. So, I just have to find a playgroup or some other mums to socialise with to model to Ellie... I do keep talking about it and I will get around to it, mostly because I feel it's important for her.

She really liked being away, even in the dingy room we got, it was somewhat like a dungeon on the bottom floor with a tiny bathroom and room for a king size bed with a tiny amount of space around it.
Sometimes I find it funny how social Ellie is. She absolutely shines when strangers start telling her she's a
I really can't sit still, Mum.

Ellie and I hanging out, waiting for Daddy to get home on Thursday night so we could go out, get some dinner and eat near the beach. I think getting away and doing something different to what we do every day was good for us, especially for me after the past few weeks.
Once James got back, we headed out to get some dinner and while we were eating an ambulance came with it's lights on and drove down to the beach, we couldn't see what was going on but it was intriguing. People around weren't even really acknowledging the presence, so I guess it's a regular thing around there.


There were so many things for her to look at, she just couldn't sit still. Between each mouthful of food she would turn around, crawl away, stand up to see behind me. She's a real sticky beak!





On Friday afternoon, when James had finished training we went off to visit Bondi Beach because we love watching the show on Tuesday nights and we'd not been before. It took us awhile as we didn't really know where we were going and the traffic was crazy! I was disappointed that the only lifeguard we saw was sleeping on a 4 wheeler! No action what so ever and the crowd was really very small. Still, I am glad we went, it's another experience.
It wasn't long after we left, however, that she was peacefully sleeping. Ikea exhaustion knocks you out :)
Once James got back, we headed out to get some dinner and while we were eating an ambulance came with it's lights on and drove down to the beach, we couldn't see what was going on but it was intriguing. People around weren't even really acknowledging the presence, so I guess it's a regular thing around there.
I love these pictures of James and Ellie, a precious moment between them after he arrives back from work :)

At lunch on Friday Ellie made a new friend; a seagull that kept hanging around. She really, really, really just wanted to chase it. It would fly off to where ever people were throwing food and then it would come back, often it would come real close to us, too. I don't know why, we only had baby food and we weren't sharing!! There were so many things for her to look at, she just couldn't sit still. Between each mouthful of food she would turn around, crawl away, stand up to see behind me. She's a real sticky beak!
On Friday afternoon, when James had finished training we went off to visit Bondi Beach because we love watching the show on Tuesday nights and we'd not been before. It took us awhile as we didn't really know where we were going and the traffic was crazy! I was disappointed that the only lifeguard we saw was sleeping on a 4 wheeler! No action what so ever and the crowd was really very small. Still, I am glad we went, it's another experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment