Thursday, May 1, 2008

Feeling the Pinch

I've been having marvelous dreams of my first Mother's Day. Now that it's cold and I am still getting up to Ellie twice during the night to feed her (yes! She's sleeping wonderfully) I have hinted that a nice warm dressing gown and slippers wouldn't go astray or a beanie and scarf. I have been craving potato scallops, so I am dreaming of finally taking Ellie to the animal park and having chips and scallops for lunch, somewhere pretty where there is a swing for Ellie to play on.

While these things sound like a blissfully wonderful way to celebrate my first ever Mother's Day with my husband and gorgeous daughter, unfortunately, we probably can't afford to.

It's okay to dream, though. I will be perfectly content with the cake James plans to make me and a day spent with my two favourite people :)



Photobucket
Ellie's first swing



Photobucket
Brushing her teeth for the first time

1 comment:

Casey said...

I cant wait to hear about your first mothers day.

will be sp special.

sometimes cant even believe your a mother!

wow,

Have a lovely day with your beautiful girl..
(shes so my favourite ever)

x x x