Yesterday afternoon Ellie woke up very upset and in pain. I gave her panadol and bonjella as it looks like some teeth are about to come through but it didn't do anything for her. The only way she would stop crying was lying on the couch with me. If I moved she would scream and cry again. She wouldn't eat or drink and really wasn't herself. If I had to go to the bathroom or get up and put her down for any reason she would just lie there crying, which is so unlike her. She had no energy or spark. I started to get worried when she wasn't seeming to feel better so I rang James and we decided to take her to the hospital as I couldn't get her into a Dr.
James came home, Ellie wasn't even excited to see him, she was still so out of it. We got in the car and headed to the hospital, when we got to Emergency Ellie was all smiles. She was the most lively I had seen her in many hours. She still wasn't quite herself, she was happy to sit on Daddy's lap instead of wanting to get down and explore but the hospital staff didn't know that. They said she was nice and active. How embarrassing! They checked her temperature, chest and pulse and in all the stress/embarrassment I totally forgot to get them to check her ears as she had been holding her ear during the afternoon. We were told it was probably just teething, but to keep an eye on her as there is something going around for littlies at the moment.
We got home, she had a bottle and a nappy change and went straight to bed - it was 5.30. She woke once before we went to bed for her first bottle and twice during the night, once for her second bottle and the second to come into bed with us, which I allowed just to keep an eye on her and have her close. She slept until 7.45, so it was a good night. I had come home expecting a horror night with her crying in pain, so I am glad she got a good rest.
Today she's her happy, energetic self. Her teeth still haven't come through but I am hoping it won't be too long now. I am a little nervous about how she will wake up after her nap, which shouldn't be too long away since she's been in bed awhile now.
It has stopped raining, so today we hung some clothes and Ellie found the joys of puddles. It was like the best thing she had ever experienced!
She had a wonderful time. I don't really know what I was thinking taking her out in her cute dress, though!! I actually didn't think the yard would still be wet...
Two weeks until Ellie's birthday!! So excited. James is going to make her a birthday cake, we'll see my grandparents the weekend before. I am guessing we will see James's mum the weekend just after. We'll maybe do something. I don't know what. I really want to make it special for all of us, especially since we're not doing the party thing. Any ideas??
My family will see her in October, as we're going to go to Bathurst for the long weekend, so we'll have some kind of celebration then.
As for the actual day, I was hoping James would be able to come home for lunch or we could meet him in the Bay, maybe take Ellie for a BabyCino, for a special treat and find a park with a baby swing. I'm also going to get a book for everyone to write a letter or thoughts in for her to have when she's older.
2 comments:
HAHA.
That is soooo cute!
Dont worry about the dress... Im sure it will all wash out... looks like she had a ball!
I have seen photos of me looking like that covered in mud when I was about 1!
HEHE!
Manda
xoxo
ok so ive updated mydelf on all your entries and just seeing all the photos of her made me cry.. then reading.. nearly the ugly cry haha.
i miss you guys and shes growing up so fast.
i love that you let her play in the mud.
i wish i could be there for her birthday!!
Sending LOTS of love x x x
Post a Comment