Friday, September 19, 2008

Can you believe it?

Tomorrow we're off to Ikea :) It's hard to believe Ellie will be going into her 'Big Girl's' bed so soon! We will wait to put it together until after next Saturday (27th) so we know if we need to paint the room or not (if we're having a boy). Once we have the walls sorted we will put it up and start off by getting her used to it, maybe sitting on it to have a story before bed or something.


I'm not sure how long it will be between putting it up and her going into it, we'll just play it by ear and take it as slow as we need to, although I would like her to be settled into it at least a month before Bubby arrives just so it's not one huge thing after another.


We've found the perfect Sofa Bed at Ikea, too, unfortunately it's out of our price range right at the moment. It would have been great to have something for people to sleep on when they come, especially come December as both my mum and dad will be here from Thursday the 4th (when we have Bubby) for a few days and then mum will go home to work and dad will stay for a few days/a week to help me out with Ellie, house work and washing. As it is I am not sure how we'll work their sleeping arrangements. A tent in the backyard maybe? :P


Anyway, best go get things ready to go early tomorrow!

3 comments:

Mumeroo said...

I don't know that a tent in the backyard is my preferred option. I think we will find another sleeping arrangement. Maybe we will have to stay at the motel.

I am so excited about coming and looking after Ellie and seeing her reaction to her new brother or sister - I wonder if she will be the same as you were when Josh was born. You were sooooooo cute.

Love you.

Mumeroo.

Amanda Sibley said...

What about a air bed?? I brought one for my visitors - it was about $50 at bigw/kmart and its fairly good :) Does the job anyway!!!

Amanda Sibley said...

Ohhh and I forgot those recipes for you... they are on my laptop at school and I keep forgeting to send them to you.. maybe next week! I do have the triangels one so I will mail it through to you today!!
Cheerio!
xoxo