Friday, December 10, 2010

{52 Weeks} Week 21 & 22

Week 21: Mental
Week 22: After the Rain
Last Friday, the last thing I wanted was to take a photograph of myself, I wasn't sure I could. I wasn't sure, as I sat alone in a bare room where people are protected from themselves by the safety measures implemented (no, I wasn't interested in hurting myself but I was very aware of the 'padding' surrounding me), I could stand to look at myself. I wasn't sure of much at all.

I took one, purely because I'd made a commitment to take a self portrait a week for a year and it felt wrong to not take one. I took only one and returned my camera to it's case without  a glance, giving myself no option for choosing the best shot for the week and completely forgot about it.

Today, I am glad I took it. I'm amazed how different things are looking already. I'm relieved I stepped out of my comfort zone and accepted help from the services available and after this week, I know it's going to be a tough road, but I also know that with the help of James, my parents, my Doctor and the people I have been linked with, not to mention the support of so many amazing bloggers and online friends I will get through this. As so many others have before me.

Today I am grateful for:

1. The difference a week makes
2. My iPhone and it's ability to keep Ellie content, not to mention all that it's teaching her. Not just in terms of the apps she uses but also in terms of technology and fine motor skills
3. Dry clothes after a week of struggling to get them all washed and dried
4. Sleep. Beautiful, glorious sleep
5. My mum being so sweet and wonderful and buying the top I wanted to get for Oprah

What are you grateful for today?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, my, Becky. Good for you. It is simply amazing what a difference a week can make, I agree. I hope you catch some restful sleep tonight. J x

Unknown said...

proud of you hun. you inspire me.... xxx

Becky said...

Thank you both xo

Missy Boo said...

I'm just catching up. As you know, part of healing with PND is acknowledging you have it. It looks like you are taking all the right steps.
Thinking of you and glad you have lots of love and support surrounding you xx