Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just Realised...

...that I will be 25 in a week! Wow, I am getting old. I remember when 25 seemed sooo old and when my friends and I would play games we would pretend to be this old, like it would be so outrageous to be in our 20's! Really, 25 isn't all that old, but I am sure feeling almost ancient, I am exhausted right now, my energy levels are basically nil and it's very hard to get motivated to do much other than what I must.

We have ordered our new stroller, a Quinny Zapp in Capri. As for the Bugaboo we will wait and see what happens with the Department of Fair Trading, get it fixed (whether that be under warranty or not) and then think about selling it. When our beaut new stroller arrives I plan on taking my adventure-seeking daughter for walks around our town, which I am sure will help with my energy levels and over-all well being, as well as giving Ellie something new and exciting to experience now that she's so full on and into everything. I have been wanting to get out for walks for a few weeks now, I look at the useless Bugaboo sitting by our front door and curse their terrible customer service and pigheadedness. I paid an arm and a leg for it, it's under two years old and well within the warranty period ... FIX MY DAMN PRAM.

Another realisation I have had today is that my car has registration due in just over a month. Which means I need new tires before then in order for it to pass the pink slip. Not good. Sometimes I wish I could just let the rego slip and not use the thing, honestly. Yes, it's been a good car, but it is now over 20 years old and not as reliable as I would like considering it is now a family car. I dream of selling/trading my car and getting something just a little bit more practical and a lot more reliable. I hate having to hold my breath every time I start the engine, just in case it doesn't turn over. Looking through the search results for a Ford Telstar GL Ghia, doesn't give me much hope, however. Most of these I have seen are being advertised for not much more than $1,500 and the most expensive I have found is $2,999. That's certainly not enough to purchase another car for us.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I have some car advice for you.

It may be out of the question now, but with a bit of savingsa 1996-1999 Mitsubishi Magna might be the sort of thing that may be affordable in the near future.

The resale prices of Magnas have gone down the toilet (take it from a former Magna owner!), but they are really well made, incredibly reliable and cheap to run and maintain. Nice and comfortable, too.

They are also big enough to make a great family car, and are very easy to drive. You could find a pretty nice one as low as $3-4,000 if you look hard enough.