Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Little Shadow

Ellie is so quick to pick things up and copy us. Yesterday morning I had the hiccups and she and James were pretending they had them too. If I sneeze she'll do a pretend one. When I wink she tried to as well, though it's more like an extreme blink. She walks with her hands behind her back, just like Daddy, which I think is adorable.

Just yesterday she finally pointed to her own nose when I asked, she has been able to point to ours for ages. She says 'nose' - it sounds more like 'eyes' to me but it's always in relation to noses. She has also started pointing to her tummy when I ask her where it is and saying "tu".

This morning Little Shadow and I went to Playgroup - last week she was a little reserved but this week she was such a social butterfly. Chatting away to other kids and adults, even if they weren't interested! She played with all the toys and especially loved the water table they had. She splashed around, laughing and having a great time for ages! She also started chasing boys :O There was a little 4 year old riding a bike and she just ran around in circles after him until she fell over and decided she'd best do something else...

She had her first taste of playdough, literally, which is why I have never ventured into making any for her - luckily it only took a few licks for her to decide it was just for playing with! There was a little boy who kept trying to take her playdough, whenever he did she would put her hand out and say "Ta" and if he didn't give it back she would make an offended "Oh" sound and put her hand on it until he let go. It was really quite funny to watch.

Yesterday Ellie and I packed Bubby's hospital bag, now I just have to get onto mine - I've had troubles finding the kind of pyjamas I want, which is a pain. Better get onto it!!


No comments: