...Would the person who swapped my gorgeous little girl for the monster toddler currently residing in our home please return her IMMEDIATELY for a full exchange!
Oh. My. Gosh. Ellie is on some kind of freaky-hypo-tantrum high today! She is literally into everything and doing anything she knows she's not allowed to. I am exhausted and the day's barely half over! Thank goodness she's having a sleep right now so I can sit down, give my poor hips and back a rest.
Everything is such a drama. Just before I put her to bed I laid her on the change table for a new nappy, she looked at me like I was committing a crime and said "Ouch" in the whingiest voice I have ever heard. Ouch is her responce to most things if she doesn't want to be doing them, lol. This morning she was playing with a stamp I have, so I stamped her hand with it - she cried. I washed the stamp off - she cried. I really can't win today. Everything is met by her stamping her foot, plonking her bottom on the ground and making an offended "oh" sound or a good cry.
James mentioned that she might be worried about our impending arrival - which is probably very true. She is probably picking up on how we're feeling - especially me since she's with me allllll day and as the date approaches I am feeling more nervous, excited, scared, unprepared...
Today has made me pretty certain Ellie will be one of those toddlers who gets upto mischief as soon as I am feeding Bubby - at least for the first little while. I am thinking of organising a special box to only get out when it's feedng time with things in it to keep her entertained. I don't know what to put in it yet, though. I am also thinking I will need to have a cooking afternoon once a week or so to prepare snacks to have on hand or her so she can eat with Bubby.
27 and a half days until she's here... wow. I can't wait but I am worried about how I will handle two under two right now (with the way Ellie's been playing up). I'm also nervous about being ready. I still haven't got most of the things on my hospital bag list, exept some undies - I can't just prance around in my granny undies if it all happens sooner than expected, though, can I? There's a mental image for you all ;)
I just can't believe Bubby's arrival is so close. I am thankful that it is because I am so sore this time around. I told James yesterday that I figure Bubby is practically an elephant.. lol.
I'd best go get something done.
No comments:
Post a Comment