On the 3rd of December I have an appointment with my doctor, so I plan
on going to Playgroup that morning and leaving early to gothere. I feel
like I am going to be busy the few days before having her!
I've also started to really worry about having two babies! Ellie is being extremely challenging currently and I just find myself going "What were we thinking?!" I wonder how she will react to us bringing a baby home. She loves babies when we're out and about... but, that's very different to having a crying one in your room at 3am. I am thinking we may have to move the cot into our room, it will be a bit of a squeeze as our room isn't all that big but we can't afford to buy a bassinet and if having both of them together is an issue we won't have an option.
***
Ellie had me up before 5am this morning, I hadn't been sleeping all that well as we're both feeling under the weather. Luckily, I was able to get her to have a sleep with me - we got into bed at about 9.30 after I let her watch In the Night Garden but she wasn't tired so I just let her roll around the bed for half an hour or so (she loves that). After that we got up for a nappy change before popping back in bed where she fell asleep almost instantly. I was just drifting off when there was a knock at the door - Ellie's new car chair had arrived (at last!). My neighbour had signed for it as the parcel man didn't hang around at the door for long at all and I had to untangle my arm from my sleeping babe without waking her, so she came up and knocked after I'd brought in our parcel so I had to have a bit of a chat before I could finally go to bed.
At about midday James rang to check on us and woke Ellie, who swiftly turned into Little Miss Grumpy. She didn't want to get up, she didn't want me to give her a hug. She just sat there crying until she had decided she'd had enough then she sighed and snuggled up to me and fell asleep again! I fell asleep and when she next woke and gave me a hug to wake me it was 2.15pm!
At first I was a little bit worried that she had slept that long and we hadn't had anything to eat since brekkie but since getting up she's been so much happier and doesn't sound nearly as conjested as she did. I am also feeling better, although I think it might have more to do with the panadol I took when I got up because my head was pounding and my throat felt like it was on fire.
Hopefully we're on the mend, as I am not sure what would happen about my operation if I were sick... I have done some reading and some people say they will still do it while others say it's too risky. I will try to rest (while trying to get everything left to organise done), get better and if things are still not good I will ask at my appointment. Fingers crossed I won't have to wait longer than 10 days - I'm over being pregnant already!!
Okay, Ellie and I are off to do some cleaning! Fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment