Sunday, November 16, 2008

Timing...

So, Ellie's still being funny about going to bed, we have to sit there otherwise she's up. Yesterday morning she got out of bed and came into us when she woke up for the very first time ever, it was cute. Then early this morning she woke for some reason and got out of bed - not so great. I took her back to bed three times before James suggested I just put her in bed with us. She wouldn't sleep there, though, she wriggled and did funny things with her arms while poking her feet into my belly. It appears she will only sleep in her bed all of a sudden... so at about 5am I took her into her room. I laid down with her until she went to sleep, then went back to bed. At 6.30 I felt a little hand patting me - I sure wish she would learn to go to Daddy's side of the bed!

I have to admit that this sudden clingyness and change in her sleeping habits is really starting to worry me. I thought we finally had it sorted and with not long to go until we have two children in that room I am starting to think it's going to be a whole lot harder and stressful if Ellie doesn't settle. I worry that Bubby will be a good sleeper but being in the same room as Ellie will make her difficult, too.

AND Ellie's already trying to climb into the cot! I can imagine it now, in the mornings she will stop coming into me and start sticking her little hands through the bars to wake the baby until she can figure out how to climb in there with her!

This whole thing is such bad timing. I am totally exhausted simply from being pregnant let alone chasing a toddler and getting up to her at all hours! I just want to sleep all day!!

She's currently watching The Wiggles as I have finally figured out how to unlock the child lock for the tray - she seems to be thinking she's been deprived for some time! Lol.

To end, here are some piccies of her and James

After Bath Cuddles 
Thumbnail image for Building TimeDaddy Not Wanting to Play Nice!








So, Ellie's still being funny about going to bed, we have to sit there otherwise she's up. Yesterday morning she got out of bed and came into us when she woke up for the very first time ever, it was cute. Then early this morning she woke for some reason and got out of bed - not so great. I took her back to bed three times before James suggested I just put her in bed with us. She wouldn't sleep there, though, she wriggled and did funny things with her arms while poking her feet into my belly. It appears she will only sleep in her bed all of a sudden... so at about 5am I took her into her room. I laid down with her until she went to sleep, then went back to bed. At 6.30 I felt a little hand patting me - I sure wish she would learn to go to Daddy's side of the bed!

I have to admit that this sudden clingyness and change in her sleeping habits is really starting to worry me. I thought we finally had it sorted and with not long to go until we have two children in that room I am starting to think it's going to be a whole lot harder and stressful if Ellie doesn't settle. I worry that Bubby will be a good sleeper but being in the same room as Ellie will make her difficult, too.

AND Ellie's already trying to climb into the cot! I can imagine it now, in the mornings she will stop coming into me and start sticking her little hands through the bars to wake the baby until she can figure out how to climb in there with her!

This whole thing is such bad timing. I am totally exhausted simply from being pregnant let alone chasing a toddler and getting up to her at all hours! I just want to sleep all day!!

She's currently watching The Wiggles as I have finally figured out how to unlock the child lock for the tray - she seems to be thinking she's been deprived for some time! Lol.

To end, here are some piccies of her and James

After Bath Cuddles 




No comments: