In just over 35 days Ellie will be 1!! Oh My Gosh. You may have noticed that my entries about planning her birthday party have stopped... Well, we're no longer planning one. We had decided that we will just have our parents and siblings come for cake. Then I found out my family probably can't come. So bummed. Anyway, we will still have a cake and James's mum and sister will come, I'm sure, we'll find a way to make it a special day. We'll just have to do something else with my family the next time we see them.
I am pretty cut that I don't get to throw the cute party, too. I was really looking forward to it and loving the idea of making the invites and all. Oh well.
Kmart has a sale on at the moment so I am trying to get a list of possible pressies together so that we can see if they have anything we want. From what I remember the sale ends after this weekend, so I am hoping we can afford to get something.
Some ideas I have:
Play School Busy 'Lil Purse - At the moment she seems quite interested in my bag when I take it somewhere, so something like this might be good. It comes with mirror, "phone" and ring with 3 keys. Too cute.
Busy Day Home™ - This is a little doll house just for little people! It has a mummy, daddy and baby doll (nice and chunky for little hands), makes sounds and even has an opening fridge door.
Disney DVDs - She has a few and likes to watch them sometimes, a list of DVDs can be found here.
Flip-out lounge - She would love her own little lounge to sit on while
watching a movie (or watching part of a movie, lol)
Crayons - There are crayons for toddlers, which would be great. She loves to draw, whenever I get out my diary to write in a Drs appointment she will come to me and want to sit on my lap and draw on my page :)
Clam Shell - Outdoor toys are a must for her now! She is so mobile that I have only time to hang a few clothes before I have to go and get her out of Daddy's potted plants. She is so quick! I bring her back up with me and before I know it she's back down on the verandah!
Toddler Bike - I saw one real cute one at Kmart which has a little picnic basket that attaches and pulls along behind.
Puzzles - Wooden ones with big pieces, alphabet, numbers, animals etc
Books - Board books or cloth books are best so that she can 'read' them herself, which she loves to do
Activity Table - There are heaps out there that look good
If we get this we also have to buy slats and a matress.
Big Girl Sheets - For obvious reasons ^ She already has a doona and doona cover, so that's something we don't have to worry about just yet. We also have a little pillow for her to use.
Clothes - She is just growing way too fast now. Currently, she is in size 0. I am not sure how long that will last, although she has only just started to grow out of 00, so maybe a little while. Also shoes.
Okay, so there you have it! I don't really know what we'll do. We have talked about getting her a keepsake kind of thing, I can't remeber what they were but at the time it was a good idea!! So, maybe something from above + a special keepsake.
For family (Uncle Joshy? Uncle Max?), if you've seen something above you would love to give her just let me know and I will take it off our list! Oh and for the record, we would prefer her not to be given any Bratz toys, accessories. I can't wait to get her something :)
I just can't believe she's so old! But then, I see her walking along and realise she's a toddler now! She is very confident on her feet. This morning she was walking down our front path as I got the toilet paper off the boot of the car and it was very surreal to see her. I can't help giggling at her, either, because she is so cute but she seems too small to be able to do what she's doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment