Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Aversions and Cravings

This pregnancy is almost completely opposite to what I experienced with Ellie. With Ellie I had hardly any food aversions, if any. Occasionally I would smell the Chinese shop while going to the bank at work and that would make me feel sick but that was about it. As for cravings, I always wanted to eat pizza and for awhile I wanted twisties.

This time around I have so so many food aversions, I will start making dinner and half way through the smell will send me to the bathroom and when I serve up I won't be able to eat whatever it is. This mostly happens with meat based meals. Many nights I end up just having a potato in it's skin. I crave a whole lot of bread. I am not normally a sandwich girl but lately I am. I am almost obsessed with the idea of a french stick, cut into pieces with margarine on it. I still crave pizza, but not as much as I did with Ellie and I am wondering if it's really the base I want!
 

1 comment:

mum said...

You should think yourself lucky, at least you are not wanting to eat sponges or chalk!!!!!!

The list of cravings can be endless but there's nothing you can do about it, because you want something nice you should just enjoy it.

With you, I hated milk, with ALL the boys I craved it - maybe your baby is going to be a pizza lover.

Mum