Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update While She Sleeps

Ellie is now walking everywhere, in the past three days I have only seen her crawl a few times. Yesterday she was trying out jumping, each time her feet would leave the floor and she would land on her bum but she thought it was a great game.

Yesterday was one of those days where I was constantly on the go yet felt like I got nothing done. Ellie's like a one person cyclone at the moment, pulling books out of the book case, emptying the baskets under her change table, pulling out as many toys as she can and then moving on to something else. Then there's the eating, which is fun. Apparently things taste much better if they're out of the plate and have been thrown on the floor. I need to get a broom permanently attached to my arm!

My lounge room looks like a playgroup! Grandma went nuts at the toy sales! So, Ellie's got some early b'day pressies as she's so young she won't know when she got them exactly. I'll put up some pics soon. She got a few things I was hoping she would get; a fold out lounge, a trike/rider and a phone. She's so cute with it all. We need a playroom!!

There is a horrible, HORRIBLE Dr. Phil on right now. It's about a woman who's father molested her and they think he's molested her son and he's just failed the lie detector test on ALL the questions but he keeps saying he didn't do it, he's kinda freaky. But he does admit to molesting his brothers and sister and to having molested her daughter once at 2 weeks old.

Absolutely disgusting.

I've been looking at this book, Everyone's Got a Bottom, which teaches kids about their bodies and most importantly, self protectionThere are lots of books out there about bodies but this one just seems to cover things that will enable Ellie and Bubby to understand that it's their body. It's so important these days to make sure they're aware the other people should not be touching them in certain ways. It's for ages 3 - 8, so obviously we're not at that stage yet but I wanted to note it here so I will remember what it's called. If I see it on special I might be able to just get it and put it away.

Well, Ellie is awake now so we're going to go outside after some arvo tea. 

No comments: