**Ouchies**
Isn't it always true that you end up hurting the toe that's already sore? My poor little toe was just starting to heal the other day and then I ended up kicking it on the ladder that night! Now it's all cut, swollen and the nail is split. My shoe, which is normally loose is very tight today!
**Grumpiest**
One Word. Scraps.
I did get a little more sleep last night, but I think it was simply pure exhaustion which ment I was mostly ignoring the barkings of our Noisy Boy. But, seriously I am getting really frustrated. I am worried that he wont stop, that he has taken a liking to showing what a big tough dog he is (it's all talk, though, really he's a fraidy cat). I was thinking he would rest, sleep and get over his grumpyness from the other night when the neighbours had a loud obnoxious party, keeping us all awake and that he would be quiet for a few nights. Nope. I am at a stage where I need as much sleep as I can get. With peeing and being uncomfortable and sore hips it's already a seemingly impossible feat to get a good night's sleep.
I have to admit I am struggling.
I am finding work hard and the less sleep I get the more overwhelming it's becoming. I am more prone to being emotional (obviously) and as I struggle to get enough sleep the more I cry at the drop of a hat - people can just look at me sideways and the tears are flowing, sometimes I don't even know why I am crying, it's that ridiculous!
My brain is already pretty mushed due to Preggo Brain, but lately I am finding I am going blank so easily and often - I don't know if it just gets worse in the third trimester or if maybe my lack of sufficient sleep is adding to this. It's terribly embarassing. Especially at work. I know that I have known the answer to the questions being thrown at me, but I can't for the life of me get a grasp of them. Luckily, Em's on top of things and often saves me.
I am worried Scraps will continue and I am going to fall to pieces! I hate feeling so grumpy towards him but he is making me so mad and tired that I can't not. There's not really that long for me to get okay sleep before Ellie arrives and I feel the need to capitalise on what time there is in order for me to better cope with these last weeks, labour and the first few weeks (months, years) with a waking babe.
The other night I asked James what we were going to do and he just said that soon Scraps will be over his grumpy spate, that once he's had enough sleep he will be fine and then I will be fine, too. Right now I feel like I was shut down and maybe he doesn't understand how tired I really am. He has been great through these months of sickness, aches, pains, grumpiness and I just love the support he's been giving me, but maybe it's hard to grasp how truely exhausting Baby Baking is, especially in this late stage. I know I didn't expect to constantly feel like I've been hit by a bus!
**Ellie Belly**
I'm finding it amazing how often I walk my belly into things. Or open doors into it. I know it's there, I have the back pain to remind me if for some reason I ever forget and yet I still manage to do these things. James describes my belly as 'projectile' and always seems in awe at how huge it's getting. He always gets so excited when he sees it's getting bigger or when he gives me a hug from behind and he notices I've grown. I really appreciate that he loves my belly so much. When I am feeling like a huge sore waddler it's nice to see the way his face lights up at the sight of my belly popping out of my shirt.
Ellie, on the other hand, seems to think there isn't enough room! She is forever wriggling and bumping about in there. When she gets particularly active it feels like there's a huge worm in my tummy trying to get out! Of course, this is mostly at night when Mummy's trying to sleep.
I have the urge to get some kind of portrait done of my belly, it would be a nice little keepsake. I don't know who would do it or if I would actually go through with it as I doubt I would feel very comfortable ... but, it's an idea that I just love the thought of.
**Nursery**
The canvas we got and James put up the other night looks perfect in her room. we found a matching lamp on ebay by the same lady, it's absolutely adorable and I want it but it's $60! Somehow I can't explain a $60 lamp for a baby's room... which I am very disappointed about.
The room is already looking so cute. I wish we had carpet already! I want it all done so I can go in and look at it!! Plus, the loungeroom is going to feel oh-so-spacious once we move all her stuff out.
No comments:
Post a Comment