This morning James and I went to my midwives appointment ... I always get so nervous before hand, especially this time as I wasn't sure what the result of my GD test would be. Last appointment I had be told I should be drinking more, so this morning, just to make sure I had a huge drink as well as my normal juice! Luckily, this time around we got a really nice lady, she went through my folder, wrote me another thingo for a blood test which I have to have just before my next appointment, which will be followed by an Anti-D injection. I do recall I was told by the pathologist AGES ago that I would only have one more bloodtest/needle! Hmm. Anyway, after that I had my blood pressure checked and my fundal height measured - again I'm measuring two weeks ahead. And I didn't end up having to pee in a cup - I couldn't believe it - I'd gone to the extra trouble and didn't have to, which left me busting!!
I really appreciated the lady I had, unlike the last lady she asked how I was feeling, if I was worried about anything and was just really great. As she was getting the doppler ready she was asking me about if I have any worries and I was saying I had been a little on the worried side as Bubba's movements had decreased ... and to make a liar out of me the little bugger kicked the doppler the whole time she was doing it!! We had a good listen to the heart beat, which was going strong.
My GD screen came back fine, the only thing was my iron levels are a bit low and she suggested that might be why I am feeling sick, but it's not too low that I need suppliments. I guess it's just something we'll have to watch.
Then it was onto work. Bleh.
It was a pretty crappy day. I had a man come in who, for some reason, feels the need to stand behind my desk, behind my seat and he has some kind of cream that goes on his hands that smells sooo bad. Once he had finished having his mental and left I realised I was suddenly feeling really, really REALLY ill. Which sent me running for the bathroom. Since then I have been feeling disgusting, whatever he had on just turned my stomach and that was it.
All day I've continued to get kicked and punched since Bubba woke to the doppler, especially in my ribs, I still can't get over how weird that is.
James is currently painting the roof in the now empty Baby's room. The carpet is gone, the cupboard doors are down, all junk has been moved or thrown... Last night we washed the walls, I did the bottom as I'm obvioulsy not tall enough to do the tops, but Bubba gets in the way! I can't believe how hard things are and I'm not yet really big! It's so ackward with this big belly in the way. Next week we plan to paint the walls after work every night and have it done by the weekend after. I will find it hard to not be able to put things in there and set it all up, but we have to wait for the carpet to be in.
No comments:
Post a Comment